anonymous requested → Ianto Jones + smiling
WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS SCENE
OK, so this scene wasn’t originally scripted. RTD added it into the script based on Bernard Cribbins’ experience of the war.
Bernard Cribbins fought in World War Two
Bernard Cribbins never killed a man
And Bernard Cribbins is incredibly proud of that.
AND IN THAT MOMENT I LOVED WILFRED MOTT’S CHARACTER EVEN MORE!!
this had 30 notes yesterday!!!!
All eleven incarnations of the Doctor ask you to be their companion. Who do you go with?
Do you have to leave him after he regenerates? Because if not, I would choose Nine and I would get to travel with Ten and Eleven too. I would die of old age (if the Daleks don’t kill me first) before he regenerates into Twelve (unless Rose badwolfed me like she did with Captain Jack).
If you have to leave him when he regenerates I would choose Ten. Because although MY doctor is Nine he had Rose and was happy in the end, but Ten lost everybody and the Doctor should never be alone, he needed a friend to hold his hand (metaphorically) when he regenerated.
Happy Birthday to three August 20th babies: Sylvester McCoy (b. 1943), Sophie Aldred (b. 1962), and Anthony Ainley (b. 1932 - d. 3 May 2004)!
I’m not kidding though Jon Pertwee was really cool
- I’ve said this before but he loved cartoons and got into arguments with his friend over who was the bigger Aladdin fan
- And he thought Aladdin was the best animated film ever
- He was an actual real life spy who reported directly to Churchill which automatically makes him 300% more awesome
- and apparently he once woke up in a morgue
- In fact, he kept almost dying but coincidence and general badassery kept him going
- and then there was the time he accidentally crashed a boat into a pier
- He was a founder member of a club specifically for cool fancy clothes
- When he played the Doctor, he had back problems that made it painful for him to do many of his famous stunts. His solution was to do them anyway.
- He was really protective and affectionate in a really adorable way
- And he would hold Katy Manning’s hand and lead her around because she couldn’t see and he didn’t want her to get hurt which is really sweet okay
- He has adorable fluffy hair you can’t argue with that
you remember the Whomobile?
That was his car. He had it specially made and he showed up to work in it one day and it was so cool they put it in the show.
Basically, Jon Pertwee is an adorable charming badass and no one will ever convince me otherwise.
He was also very protective of Roger Delgado and treated him like a younger brother.
You all need to read this interview:
I’m not kidding, go read it now!
Jesse: You know, I don’t get it. Why would anyone paint a picture of a door, over and over again, like, dozens of times?
Jane: But it wasn’t the same.
Jesse: Yeah, it was.
Jane: It was the same subject, but it was different every time. The light was different, her mood was different. She saw something new every time she painted it.
And Jo Grant!